July 16, 2018 Call Updates/Reminders
Post date: Apr 26, 2018 7:40:50 PM
July 16, 2018
Good After noon Heaton Families,
This is Jayme Cardinal, Principal at Heaton calling with several of announcements and reminders as the school year is up and coming very soon!
1. 1. School starts in approximately 1 month! Please visit our web page, heaton.pueblocityschools.us for information about school supplies, the dress code , sports clearing ,etc.
2. 2. The first day of school, August 20th, will be for 6th grade students only. This is a transition for our 6th grade students only. We like to give them a chance to have a day to acclimate. ALL students 7th and 8th grades will join the 6th graders on Tuesday for their first day of school.
3. 3. There is a slight change to the dress code this year. Students will no longer wear the button down shirts and ties on Wednesdays. To simplify the dress code due to adjust to the four day school week, this change was made. Please see the dress code in its entirety on our web page. Students are expected to be in the correct uniform as of day 1. We will have some used uniforms to give to students who need help. Please contact the school for more information about this.
4. 4. Students will attend school from 8:30 to 4:20 for the 18-19 school year. Please note the time change. The bell schedule is also posted on our web page.
5. 5. Due the new schedule, there will no longer be tutoring available in the morning for students. Teachers will now work from 8AM to 4:30PM and that extra time is designated as time that I will be working with teachers as part of our Professional Learning Communities. Teachers will be available to provide help as needed in the classroom, as classes are longer this year and by appointment after school.
6. 6. I had a couple of calls about schedules. Schedules will not be complete until after we return from summer vacation. I will send out a call to let students and parents know they are complete and can be viewed on the IC Portal.
7. 7. The main office at Heaton will open August 8th, 2018.
8. Have a great continued summer break and look forward to the upcoming school year.