November 28th through December 2 nd
1. I hope that all our Heaton families had a wonderful Thanksgiving and had the
opportunity to spend time with families and friends this past week.
2. Tutoring resumes on Monday for all of our iReady students and general tutoring will be
available for students in the Media.
3. This year as part of initiative to improve our student’s overall academic performance,
we have been focusing on three main areas. Attendance, Behavior, and Individual Class
Grades. We call these the A, B Cs.
We have tried to ensure that all families are receiving updates on their child’s progress
through our messenger system. Calls for missing assignments and grades that fall
below 60% are sent our weekly. This week we will begin updating families on Heaton’s
overall Attendance rates. We have posted a letter on our Web page and Facebook
page explaining the importance of student attendance and what our attendance
numbers have been historically. Please look for weekly announcements from our
Heaton App and the Remind 101 we send out with information regarding our weekly
attendance rates. Our goal is to have a 95% weekly attendance rate. If there are ways
we can support your child’s attendance, please contact us.
4. Good luck to our NAL team this week. They will play against Risley.
5. Good luck to our boys basketball teams. We travel to Swallows Charter Academy on
Wednesday and play at home against CIMS on Thursday.
6. We will be clearing for Girls Basketball and Wrestling the week of December 12-16
If you have any questions about any of these announcements, please feel free to
contact the school.
Weekly Announcement >