1. Thanks to all our families who attended the Welcome Hawks night on Thursday evening. We hope that this event helped to ease the mind of our new students and helped our returning students prepare for the new year.
2. All students will be required to be in uniform tomorrow. Gray/Maroon Polos with the Heaton Logo and Khaki pants are required. If you need additional assistance with uniforms, please contact Mr. Alires our community advocate.
3. All students must enter the front doors of Heaton each day when arriving at school. Mr. Alires will be at the door to let students into the building beginning at 7:40AM. Please do not drop your to child off before then as we will not have any one to supervise them. The first bell rings at 8:25 and students should be here by that time. Students arriving after 8:30 will be considered tardy. Please check in the office for a pass to class.
4. Once students have arrived they must immediately report to the cafeteria. Students are not allowed to roam the halls. Only 8th graders will be allowed to leave the cafeteria once they have eaten to sit in the auditorium. We will review these expectations with students at class meetings on Monday.
5. Breakfast is served before school in our cafeteria. Breakfast is served from 7:50 to 8:20. All students who choose to eat must eat breakfast in the cafeteria. Food will not be allowed out of the cafeteria
6. This year, we are enacting a Now Show Cell Phone policy. Students are often too distracted by their phones and our focus is to ensure they are on task and engaged with their classmates and teacher during the school day. Students will be expected to keep their phones in their bags or lockers. If you have a need to get ahold of your son/daughter you are welcome to call of the office to leave a message. Students are also encouraged to use the phone in the office to call home if needed.
7. The road directly in front of Heaton is called Adair. Adair is a one way street. You can’t access Adair from Comanche. It was changed to a one-way last year. It can only be accessed from Caledonia. Please pay close attention to street signs and please be patient to help traffic flow more smoothly. Student safety is our top priority. Please pull to the curb to drop off/pick up your child. Stopping in the middle of the street creates congestion and can put students in danger. Please allow your child to use the crosswalks for safety. Officer Jaeger will be present to ensure traffic laws are followed.
8. Finally, please download the Heaton App from either the Google play store or the Itunes store. Search for Heaton Middle School. The app will be an easy and convenient way for you to get in contact with us as well as have the school calendar for events at your finger tips, plus much more. Once you have the App you will have access to the week’s events at our school.
Weekly Announcement >